Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
Sorry, this job has expired.
O Fallon, MO
We are now hiring an Engineering Maintenance Supervisor.
Meet our hiring managers in person on 11/19 from 11am-6pm.
Complete the Apply Form to receive the address.
As the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor you will direct all aspects of engineering operations, including emergency programs, energy management, asset protection, preventive maintenance, and repairs to equipment, structures, and grounds. You are responsible for providing quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
You will direct all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, company, brand standards and local, state and national regulations.
• High school diploma
• Trade school or college is a plus.
• 2+ years of related experience.
• Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
• Must be able to clearly communicate and write in English.
• Requires a valid driver's license and the ability to be insured to drive for the company when needed.
• Must be able to pass a Drug Test and Background check.
• Requires knowledge of building management/engineering.
• Familiarity with the hospitality industry practices preferred.
• HVAC Certification preferred.
• Any additional job related certifications such as Life Safety, Serv Safe, Leed, First Aid/CPR, etc.
• Demonstrate commitment to the company and property goals through work ethic, integrity, and respect for the Company and associates.
• Unite associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed those goals.
• Work closely with management throughout the hotel and Company.
• Ensure engineering standards and procedures are followed.
• Ensure adequate schedule coverage while managing the department budget.
• Ensure timely response to guest needs.
• Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction.
• Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes.
• Ensure that he/she regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
• Oversee all emergency programs, including equipment maintenance and inspections, staff training, practice drills, accurate record-keeping and compliance with all policies, procedures, codes and regulations.
• Assist and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
• Ensure appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations.
• Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
• Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability.
• Make recommendations to the General Manager, Regional Chief Engineer and Area Director of Operations on additional safeguards.
• Walk the property daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates.
• Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are promptly and properly addressed.
• Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Engineering areas, equipment and inventories.
• Investigate, analyze and report on all incidents and accidents.
• In conjunction with the General Manager, coordinate activities and liaise with local and federal law enforcement agencies, fire companies and insurance agencies to resolve problems and ensure a safe environment for guests and associates.
• Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager, Regional Chief Engineer and Area Director of Operations.
• Work collaboratively with the Home Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked.
• Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
• Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates.
• Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines.
• Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities.
• Communicate Engineering activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
• Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
• Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to speak, listen, complete documents, process requests and operate office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax.
• Ability to withstand extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Ability to withstand exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.